Shannon Underwood has been a lifetime member of Sweet Adelines since 1992. She has belonged to seven choruses and is currently a member of Greater Cleveland chorus and Scioto Valley chorus. Shannon serves on the music team as one of Cleveland's assistant directors and is the lead section leader.
- Facilitate the securing of appropriate venues for regional education programs and events including site inspections and negotiation of contracts
- Facilitate event management to ensure successful implementation of regional education events, including contracted arrangements for function space, sleeping rooms, catering services, equipment needs and any special event needs
- Consult with Education Coordinator to determine site requirements regarding number of anticipated attendees, sleeping rooms, function room space, and any special event needs.
- Develop meeting history from past years to help determine meeting value to a facility contact. Hotels determine the value of a meeting by considering several things, including the number of sleeping rooms needed, arrival/departure pattern, no-show factor, amount of catered food and beverage, usage of their outlets (restaurants, etc.) and the number of people likely to use room service. This history should include regional convention statistics.
- Request proposals, including housing and function room costs, based on event requirements
- Schedule and perform on-site inspection of proposed venues to evaluate and determine suitability based on physical requirements, attendee expectations, location, and type of facility.
- Communicate event needs, such as room set up, audio visual equipment
- Negotiate initial facility contract proposal(s), including room block size, rate for sleeping rooms, complimentary rooms, food and beverage considerations, parking, deposits, cutoff dates, venue concessions, and attrition/cancellation clauses offered by the venue for review.
- Submit contract to Finance Coordinator for signature
- Communicate with On-Site Events Coordinator who oversees event on-site management and implementation of education events once a contract has been signed and approved.
- Collect event statistics and review the pick-up report of rooms actually used.
- Appoint additional staff as needed
- Meet with other members of the RMT as requested
- Confirm any negotiated AV services on arrival at event is in place
- Works in coordination with the Education Coordinator on educational events
- Works in coordination with the Chair of Regional Convention (CRC) and Convention Coordinator (CC) as defined in the Guidelines for Regional Convention and as adjusted by CRC and Convention Committee