2019 to 2021
- Ensures that all financial resources of the region are accounted for in an effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinates the financial long-range plan in conjunction with other team coordinators.
- Prepares and submits the annual budget for the region.
- Manages bank accounts and investments.
- Keeps accurate and current records of all financial transactions.
- Receives all funds paid to the region and issues all payments.
- Negotiates contracts for services and equipment required by the region.
- Holds sole authority to sign contracts on behalf of the region.
- Coordinates projects to raise non-dues income (ways and means).
- Presents a report on the region’s financial condition at meetings of the Regional Management Team.
- Prepares an annual financial statement for submission to international headquarters.
- Submits accounting records for audit at the close of the fiscal year to a qualified person (or persons) selected by the management team or for examination or audit at any time as directed by the management team.
- Files Annual 990 tax form (United States regions) with the Internal Revenue Service by September 15 for the preceding year ending April 30 or files any tax forms required by their respective countries on the date appropriate for their local governance and submits evidence of such to international headquarters.
- Provides advice and training to chapter treasurers and serves as a resource to chapters with financial questions.
- Provides financial information necessary to complete applications for corporate gifts/grants.
- Maintains contact with appropriate staff members at international headquarters.
- Maintains comprehensive records and forwards materials to successor.
- Trains her successor.
- Appoints staff to assist in the implementation of her responsibilities.
Marilyn VanFossan (associate RMT member)