Sherry has been a member of Sweet Adelines for 37 years. Currently a member of Grand Rapids and Melodeers Choruses, she directs River Bend Chorus (Reg 3) and is associate director of Grand Rapids. She has served as the General Education and Faculty Specialist during the Pilot Program in Region 17 and previously held the positions of Communications Coordinator, Education Coordinator, Directors Coordinator, and Chapter Coordinator in Region 3.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors regional educational programs in conjunction with other coordinators.
- Plans curriculum for educational events such as seminars and workshops.
- Works in coordination with Events and Marketing Coordinators on marketing events.
- Coordinates regional faculty visits to choruses.
- Maintains five-year education plan document.
- Implements the chapter revitalization plan for maintaining the integrity of the musical product and administrative process as outlined in the RMT Handbook.
- Approves chapters and prospective chapters for public performance.
- Auditions chapter-at-large quartets for public performance.
- Develops faculty or staff to assist in implementing regional educational programs.
- Appoints an Arrangers Coordinator who administers the program that offers training for aspiring arrangers within the region.
- Appoints a YWIH Coordinator to educate and inform the musical leaders in each chorus about the YWIH program.
- Appoints a DCP Coordinator who administers the program within the region.
- Maintains contact with appropriate staff members at international headquarters.
- Maintains comprehensive records and forwards materials to her successor.
- Trains her successor.
- Appoints staff to assist with the implementation of responsibilities as needed.
Jean Flinn, Arrangers Coordinator
Sally Doverspike, DCP Coordinator
Emily Oppenhuizen, YWIH Coordinator